KU Products in the Marketplace
KU’s research is cutting edge and leading the way in the marketplace. Take a glance at our research currently impacting society.
FDA Approval of Drug Products Containing Patent Protected "Ingredients/Technologies" Invented or Co-invented by KU.
- Abilify IM (apriprazole, Captisol): treatment of bipolar disorder and schizophrenia
- Atripla (efavirenz, emtricitabine, tenofovir disoproxil fumarate): treatment of HIV infections
- Captisol-enabled Melphalan: injectable form for treatment of multiple myeloma as a high-dose conditioning regimen prior to stem cell transplantation
- Captisol-enabled Carbamazepine: injectable form for treatment of epilepsy
- Cerenia (maropitant citrate monohydrate, Captisol): anti-emetic for veterinary use
- Complera (rilivirine, emtricitabine, tenofovir disoproxil fumarate): treatment of HIV infections
- Geodon IM (ziprasidone, Captisol): treatment of bipolar disorder and schizophrenia
- Kyprolis (carfilzomib, Captisol): treatment of multiple myeloma
- Luseda (fospropofol): procedural sedation
- Nexterone (amiodarone, Captisol): treatment of arrhythmias
- Noxafil (posaconazole, Captisol):prophylaxis treatment for Aspergillus and Candida infections
- Stribild (elvitegravir, cobicistat, emtricitabine, tenofovir disoproxil fumarate): treatment of HIV infections
- Truvada (emtricitabine, tenofovir disoproxil fumarate): treatment of HIV infections
- Velcade (bortezomib, formulation): treatment of multiple myeloma
- Vfend IV (voriconazole, Captisol): treatment of fungal infections
- Viread (tenofovir disoproxil fumarate): treatment of HIV infections, treatment of hepatitis B infections
Note: Underlined text signifies patent protected "ingredients/technologies" invented or co-invented by KU School of Pharmacy faculty members.
Products Available on the Market from Across KU
- Cerebyx® — Antiseizure drug
- Community Tool Box — Internet-based community development tools
- Computer-based Assessments — Provides online versions of the mandated school testing programs in mathematics, reading, writing, science, and social studies
- Distance Education Modules — Educational materials to facilitate special education certification.
- Dual Diagnosis Education — Training videos and booklets about mood and developmental disorders
- Force Plate Actometer — Records and scores movement and activities at finer scale
- FRAANK — Financial Reporting and Auditing Agent with Net Knowledge. Provides financial and non-financial information that can be downloaded into Excel sheets & full text audit reports.
- Galileo Tactile Stimulus System — The Galileo is an 8-channel, pneumatic evoked response tactile stimulator that is used to activate populations of low-threshold, rapidly conducting mechanoreceptive afferents in soft tissues overlying joints and muscles.
- Hot Tip Catheter — Computer controlled head application for cardiac, esophageal, and gastric tissues.
- Implantable Glutamate Biosensor — Enzyme based sensor for glutamate.
- NTrainer System — Promotes early development of essential non-nutritive sucking (NNS) skills in newborns and infants born prematurely.
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Probe — Two unique technologies for NMR analytical services
- On-Line Academy Modules — Online instructional and learning tools.
- Profusion — The original intelligent mega-search engine on the Web. In 1998, Intelliseek bought out the KU start up company and continues to enhance the technology.
- Profile Collection and Matching System — A web browser accessible database system.
- QuizStar — An Internet-based educational tool that manages classes and quizzes in multiple languages.
- Seek iNF — Serach engine for extracting knowledge from industrial filings. Cloud based software to search SEC filings.
- Stroke Impact Scale — Questionnaire that measures how stroke has impacted an individual’s life.
- Swept-Step Radar — Detection/range determination device.
- Terminator RFID Tag — Ultrahigh frequency RFID metal mount tag.
- VidWatch — Enables international broadcasters to detect local commercial insertions by cable operators and gather valuable marketing information. Acquired by DivX in 2007.
- Vitalseek — High quality access to health information on the Internet for hospitals.